This post and Day 25’s post have been noticeably absent. Call it what you will, my scheduled posts didn’t go out on time and when I realized the error, I didn’t correct it. Why? Two reasons:
1. I was spending gobs of time basking in the glow of spending uninterrupted quality time with my family and watching their faces light up during the past five days.
2. The posts scheduled to go out for day 24 and 25 were exposing some of the hypocrisy and down right ignorant judgments of people I know personally and others I don’t. Once I began the celebration with my family, I found the need to expel the negative attitudes that I run into, even during this holiday, and focus on something else.
Most importantly -
My family and I have put together our lists of our favorite things about Christmas.
Here is my TOP 10:
1. Brian makes hot cocoa, we all sit next to fireplace on Christmas eve while we open pjs, listening to christmas music
2. Watching Christmas movies all December
3. Elf – The best way to spread Christmas Cheer is to sing loudly for all to hear!
5. Making cookies
6. Lights… love the lights on houses and seeing decorated trees in windows
7. Getting a new Santa for my collection each year from my kiddos
8. Giving gifts to my family and their priceless reactions
9. The smell of pine and cinnamon
10. Watching my kids open gifts and running through the memories of each Christmas before
The Reason Of The Season is a new series that will take place from December 1 – December 25. I, like many non-theists and non-Christians, love the holiday season. I love taking the this chilly time of year to remind the people I love how much I love and adore them, to help and give to those less fortunate, and feel the innocent hope of when I was a child. This series is an effort to educate many on tradition and history as well as an opportunity to share why I love this time of year and the traditions we use and have created in our family.