My family and I have put together our lists of our favorite things about Christmas.
Here is Brian’s TOP 13:
1. I love christmas music
2. I love rich Christmas food
3. I love nog and cider and homemade hot cocoa
4. I love Christmas movies and getting wrapped up in the fuzzy sentimentality
5. I love when my wife opens presents and cries…I love when anybody is moved by their gifts
6. I love being with and feeling so close to my family
7. I love Christmas lights and decorations
8. I love Christmas smells…which mainly come from the foods and drinks
9. I love watching a different Christmas movie every night, and its a wonderful life on Xmas Eve
10.I love Santa…I love that imaginary things can be real and beautiful for a little while, and that we can all pretend together.
11. I love being off of work
12.I love opening surprises
13. I love crying at Christmas songs, movies, and presents.
The Reason Of The Season is a new series that will take place from December 1 – December 25. I, like many non-theists and non-Christians, love the holiday season. I love taking the this chilly time of year to remind the people I love how much I love and adore them, to help and give to those less fortunate, and feel the innocent hope of when I was a child. This series is an effort to educate many on tradition and history as well as an opportunity to share why I love this time of year and the traditions we use and have created in our family.