Although it may seem odd to some, my ex-husband and I get along really well. Even my current hubs and him get along well! I often think we are all so lucky to be in a sucky situation that we have made work because we all understand how important it is for the kids. So, when I was asking for my family’s favorite lists, David was included… because he is my kids’ dad and he is a damn good one.
My family and I have put together our lists of our favorite things about Christmas.
Here is David’s TOP 10:
1. Reading The Night Before Christmas to the kids every Christmas Eve just as they get into bed.
2. Waking up Christmas morning knowing I’m going to see the excitement of my kiddos.
3. My mom’s Christmas breakfast casserole – every year, once a year.
4. Going to Jefferson Barracks cemetery to visit my grandparents every Christmas day.
5. The attitude of people is different – everyone is in a cheery, great mood on Christmas day.
6. Christmas music
7. Christmas movies
8. Christmas smells… fireplace burning, christmas tree, cookies!
9. Giving gifts.
10. Opening my stocking at my parents house, my mom is great at stuffing them for everyone!
The Reason Of The Season is a new series that will take place from December 1 – December 25. I, like many non-theists and non-Christians, love the holiday season. I love taking the this chilly time of year to remind the people I love how much I love and adore them, to help and give to those less fortunate, and feel the innocent hope of when I was a child. This series is an effort to educate many on tradition and history as well as an opportunity to share why I love this time of year and the traditions we use and have created in our family.